02 November 2014

Happy birthday, Steve Ditko!

While I was updating the Neuroethology webpage today, I got sucked into watching this excellent retrospective on Steve Ditko, whose birthday is today.

Almost any person claiming to be familiar with comics will recognize Steve Ditko as the original artist of The Amazing Spider-Man. I also knew that Ditko was well known as retiring from the public spotlight. That helps make this documentary completely fascinating, because there is so much about Ditko that just is not widely known. I was particularly fascinated to learn about the character of Mr. A, an Ayn Rand inspired character.

While it seems odd to wish a birthday to someone so famously quiet and retiring (but not retired), I hope Mr. Ditko enjoyed the day.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

a beautiful happy birthday to you steve